CR3 is a leading provider of energy engineering solutions across Asia, serving world-class customers in energy production, chemical processing, power, and other asset-intensive industries. Since 1991, we have supported owners and operators of onshore and offshore facilities throughout Asia with a comprehensive portfolio of industrial maintenance, plant revamps, upgrades, and shutdown services.
We are currently seeking a Business Unit Manager to join our growing team in Malaysia. He/she will be responsible for running the day-to-day administration, finance and QHSE (Quality, Health, Safety and Environment) activities.
The Business Unit Manager will be responsible for running the day-to-day administration, finance and QHSE (Quality, Health, Safety and Environment) activities:
- Health and safety of the workforce
- Quality of the works performed
- Development of a superior workforce
- Development of the department
- Carrying out and attaining the mission and the goals of the business unit managed
- Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and high performance.
Scope of Work
Perform Human Resources Management
- Plan staffing levels
- Work with Human Resources staff to recruit, interview, select, hire, and employ an appropriate number of employees
- Provide oversight and direction to the employees in the operating unit in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, supportiveness, and working effectively together to enable each employee and the department to succeed
- Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organizations and that emphasizes the identified mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of the organization
- Lead employees using a performance management and development process that provides an overall context and framework to encourage employee contribution and includes goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning
- Lead employees to meet the organization’s expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment
- Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action, with the assistance of Human Resources, when necessary
- Maintain employee work schedules including assignments, job rotation, training, vacations and paid time off, telecommuting, cover for absenteeism, and overtime scheduling
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, and regular interpersonal communication
Perform Department Management
- Manage the overall operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities and activities of the department
- Plan and implement systems that perform the work and fulfil the mission and the goals of the department efficiently and effectively
- Plan and allocate resources to effectively staff and accomplish the work to meet departmental productivity and quality goals
- Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of business processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output
- Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain relevant controls and feedback systems to monitor the operation of the department
- Review performance data that includes financial, sales, and activity reports and spreadsheets, to monitor and measure departmental productivity, goal achievement, and overall effectiveness.
- Manage the preparation and maintenance of reports necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment
- Communicate regularly with other managers, the director, vice president, president, and other designated contacts within the organization
- Follow all company rules and regulations and understand all company policies, procedures, and work instructions
- To undertake special tasks whenever required
- Other duties as assigned
The above duties are not meant to restrict initiative, but rather to define minimum activities. These duties may be altered to suit the needs of the Company.
- All genders are welcomed to apply
- Candidate must be at least 30 years old
- Possess at least 10 years and above of work experience
- Fluent in English and Malay language
- Computer literate
- Competent driving license
- Very strong interpersonal skills
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills that reflect an ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
Interested candidates, please send in your resume to [email protected] with the subject “CR3 Malaysia Business Unit Manager application”.